I lost a friend to suicide this summer. I don’t know that we really could have stopped him, but I think the best advice to a family is: if your son just lost his job, making him feel worse about his situation and berating him for everything he ever did sure isn’t going to help. Also watch the DRUGS! XANAX is DEADLY…you don’t see things the way they really are. Take threats seriously. My friend sent me a text message three weeks before he took his life. I called immediately even though he did not answer.
- Welcome to Our Community!
- I think a FREE bouquet sometimes just says SOMEONE CARES.
- One person’s advice – how to help someone with depression
- Other people sharing their stories……..
- How to fill your “Love Tank” when your spirits are low
- Second Half Champion Award – Wells Fargo Advisors
- Also by Patricia Gallagher
- John and Patricia Are Coming to a City Near You.
- Real Dads. Real Men. Real Families. Real Depression.
- Questions About Our Family
- The Gallagher Family Today