- Welcome to Our Community!
- I think a FREE bouquet sometimes just says SOMEONE CARES.
- One person’s advice – how to help someone with depression
- Other people sharing their stories……..
- How to fill your “Love Tank” when your spirits are low
- Second Half Champion Award – Wells Fargo Advisors
- Also by Patricia Gallagher
- John and Patricia Are Coming to a City Near You.
- Real Dads. Real Men. Real Families. Real Depression.
- Questions About Our Family
- The Gallagher Family Today
Tag Archives: speaking about depression
Our first few posts will be questions that come from the FAQ about depression found on the National Institute of Mental Health website. Here is what they say about depression:
Everyone occasionally feels blue or sad, but these feelings are usually fleeting and pass within a couple of days. When a person has a depressive disorder, it interferes with daily life, normal functioning, and causes pain for both the person with the disorder and those who care about him or her. Depression is a common but serious illness, and most who experience it need treatment to get better.
Many people with a depressive illness never seek treatment. But the vast majority, even those with the most severe depression, can get better with treatment. Intensive research into the illness has resulted in the development of medications, psychotherapies, and other methods to treat people with this disabling disorder. Depression is a common but serious illness. Most who experience depression need treatment to get better.
Thanks for stopping by today. Please come back tomorrow!